I like growing food—as well as stalking the wild versions (of which asparagus is naturally a goal).
1. My backyard is home to several giant ant hills (by which I mean three or four), none of which I intend to do anything about. One of them has been there almost twenty years. We call it the Ant Hotel. There used to be a sign on it but it disintegrated. Time for a new sign. Very reasonable rates and efficient, speedy room service (albeit small portions) are its hallmarks.
2. I used to toy with the idea of trying to like coffee but I’m over it.
3. I like tea. Only tea. Visitors be warned: you will find no roasted beans in this house, other than the occasional fragrant and curried garbanzo.
4. Corn makes my stomach ache. Annoying because I like polenta and Mexican food and Fritos, not to mention buttery cobs on summer days, which when I was a kid I used to eat like a typewriter. (Link provided for those who just said a what??)
5. I prefer my fridge on the empty side. Allows for more creativity that way. How else do you think the great Limp Radish and Green Cheddar Soufflés of the world were invented??
6. My heroes tend to be animals, children and very old people.