I love this post over at Commatology so I’m stealing the idea and I hope you do too.
It took me about seven seconds to decide on the music for this game because whether I realize it or not, Laura Smith’s words travel with me. And if not always the words, then the sentiments of land and sea and nature and our responsibility to the world and to each other and the idea of dreams and following them and having the courage to know you are all you need to be.
Also, there are references in her songs to things like goat skin drums and pennywhistles. Who would NOT want that living in their head??
In a nutshell, I like her music.
So the game is this: to answer the questions with the title of a song.
The titles can be from any albums belonging to one musician.
My Life in Laura Smith Songs—
- Are you male or female? I’m a Beauty.
- Describe yourself: My Gate’s Wide Open
- How do you feel about yourself?: I Built a Boat
- Describe your ex: Faceless Wonder
- Describe your current romantic situation: Shade of your Love
- Describe your current location: Safe Home Sweet Light
- Describe where you want to be: Horses and Plough
- Your best friend is: Tell the Truth
- Your favourite colour is: Gypsy Dream
- You know that: It’s a Personal Thing
- What’s the weather: Elemental
- If your life was a TV show what would it be called?: Shore Lines
- What is life to you?: Inspiration
- What is the best advice you have to give?: Clean Up Your Own Backyard
- If you could change your name what would you change it to? Jordy
One thought on “my life in laura smith songs”
This is wonderful, Carin! Thanks for embracing the game. I love Laura Smith’s music, but I don’t know all these titles so will investigate. Meanwhile, I’m enjoying imagining the colour of a gypsy dream.